Even though winter isn’t officially here, it sure feels like it! When the weather is cold there’s nothing better than I hot cup of tea to warm up. This spicy warming masala chai perfect for chilly days. I like my chai really spicy but if you want a more mild cup of tea just scale back on the pepper and cloves.
- 1.5 Sticks of cinnamon
- 10 Whole peppercorns
- 2” Piece of ginger roughly chopped
- 7 Green cardamom pods
- 1/2 Black cardamom pod (optional)
- 1.5 Whole star anise pods
- 1C Water
- .5C Whole milk
- 1/2tsp Black tea (I used Assam)
- 1tsp Raw honey to sweeten
- Step 1 Pour water into a small saucepan, and add spices.
- Step 2 Simmer covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 3 Add tea, and re-cover for 3-5 minutes.
- Step 4 Pour in milk and bring to a boil (be sure not to let it boil over.
- Step 5 Strain into a cup and sweeten to taste.