Here’s a super easy recipe to make delicious roasted tomato soup using fresh tomatoes. If you like you can swap out some of the carrots for red peppers to change things up a bit.
Roasted tomato and carrot soup
October 28, 2017
: 8 Servings
: 30 min
: 50 min
: 1 hr 20 min
- 3lbs tomatoes
- 8 carrots
- 5c broth (whatever kind you want)
- 1T salt
- 2Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2c onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1T fresh thyme
- 1.5T sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Step 1 Roughly chop tomatoes carrots and onions
- Step 2 Peel and chop the garlic
- Step 3 Place the chopped vegetables on a greased roasting pan
- Step 4 Add the oil salt and pepper then stir to distribute the seasoning
- Step 5 Bake in a 450f oven for 30 minutes stirring occasionally until all the vegetables are soft.
- Step 6 Transfer vegetables to a heavy bottomed pot and add broth, sugar, and thyme. Let the soup simmer for about 15 minutes then blend and return it to the pot to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Step 7 Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.