Home made yogurt is awesome. It’s cheaper and tastier than store bought and best of all it’s super easy to make in the instant pot!
Once it’s finished you can either eat it as is or strain it by putting it in a colander lined with cheese cloth for a couple hours to make thick greek style yogurt.
Homemade Instant Pot Yogurt
- 1L Whole milk
- 1/4C Plain yogurt or 1 packet of yogurt starter culture
- Step 1 Pour 1L of milk into the pot and close the lid.
- Step 2 Press the ‘yogurt’ button, then press ‘adjust’ to start the pasteurization process (this takes about 30 minutes and when it’s finished the pot will beep and display ‘yogt’).
- Step 3 When pasteurization is finished remove the lid and let the milk cool to 110f or 43c. To cool faster its best to take the remove the inner pot and place it on top of a trivet on the counter then stir periodically.
- Step 4 Once the milk has cooled to the correct temperature add the culture (mixed with a couple tablespoons of the cooled milk) or the 1/4c plain yogurt and stir well.
- Step 5 Return the inner pot to the instant pot close the lid and press the ‘yogurt’ button again. After 8 hours it will beep and display ‘yogt’ when your yogurt is ready.