So its the end of the season and you are overloaded with zucchinis? Try this recipe to make a dent in your summer squash stash. Its easy, quick, kid friendly and relatively healthy.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
October 18, 2017
: 1 Dozen Muffins
- Dry ingredients:
- 1c white flour
- .5c whole wheat flour
- 3/4c organic sugar
- 3/4tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4c sour cream
- 1c shredded zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1/2c vegetable oil
- 2Tbsp water
- 1/4c shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/2c chocolate chips
- 1/2c walnuts(optional)
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 350f
- Step 2 Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Step 3 Whisk the egg, sour cream, oil and water together until completely combined. Then fold in shredded zucchini.
- Step 4 Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and combine until there are no lumps.
- Step 5 Add the finishing ingredients to the muffin batter, spoon into a muffin tin lined with paper cups and bake at 350f until the tops turn golden brown and a toothpick test comes out clean.